Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Gunnedah Shire's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Gunnedah Shire depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Gunnedah Shire Council - Retail Trade||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||New South Wales%||Number||%||New South Wales%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||87||20.6||19.9||113||21.9||20.1||-26|
|16 hours - 24 hours||44||10.4||14.9||66||12.8||13.8||-22|
|25 hours - 34 hours||70||16.5||13.2||84||16.2||12.2||-14|
|35 hours - 39 hours||70||16.5||18.0||73||14.1||16.5||-3|
|41 hours - 48 hours||28||6.6||6.8||43||8.3||7.6||-15|
|49 hours or more||48||11.3||10.0||55||10.6||11.8||-7|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by Gunnedah Shire's resident workers in 2016 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 53.9% of the resident workers in Retail Trade worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 46.1% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 51.2% and 47.7% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (Retail Trade) of Gunnedah Shire and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked None (6.4% compared to 3.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 16 hours - 24 hours (10.4% compared to 14.9%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (16.5% compared to 13.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (16.5% compared to 18.0%)
The number of the resident workers (Retail Trade) working full-time (35 hours or more) in Gunnedah Shire decreased by 32 people (-14.1%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (Retail Trade) in Gunnedah Shire between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 1 hour - 15 hours (-26 persons)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (-22 persons)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-15 persons)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (-14 persons)