There are more resident workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) Sales Workers in the Gunnedah Shire than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of the Gunnedah Shire's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Information Media and Telecommunications||Number||%||Information Media and Telecommunications||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||3||4.1||18.5||3||4.5||37.5||--|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||3||4.1||0||--||0||0||--|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||18||24.3||14.8||16||24.2||0||+2|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||4||5.4||0||--||0||0||--|
|Inadequately described or not stated||3||4.1||0||--||0||0||--|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in the Gunnedah Shire in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Sales Workers (25 people or 33.8%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (18 people or 24.3%)
- Professionals (7 people or 9.5%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 50 people in total or 67.6% of the resident workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services).
In comparison, the Information Media and Telecommunications workforce in the Gunnedah Shire employed 29.6% in Sales Workers; 14.8% in Clerical and Administrative Workers and 25.9% in Professionals.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) of the Gunnedah Shire and Information Media and Telecommunications were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) employed as Professionals (9.5% compared to 25.9%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (4.1% compared to 18.5%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (24.3% compared to 14.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) employed as Managers (5.4% compared to 11.1%)
The number of resident workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) in the Gunnedah Shire increased by 8 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in the Gunnedah Shire were those employed as:
- Sales Workers (-13 persons)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (+2 persons)
- Managers (+1 persons)
- Professionals (+1 persons)