There are more resident workers (Wholesale Trade) Sales Workers in the Gunnedah Shire than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of the Gunnedah Shire's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Public Administration and Safety||Number||%||Public Administration and Safety||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||17||11.9||7.0||11||7.7||6.6||+6|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||--||0||19.8||--||0||14.5||--|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||18||12.6||23.6||13||9.2||30.9||+5|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||15||10.5||13.6||17||12.0||12.1||-2|
|Inadequately described or not stated||5||3.5||2.1||--||0||1.2||--|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in the Gunnedah Shire in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Sales Workers (42 people or 29.4%)
- Managers (25 people or 17.5%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (18 people or 12.6%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 85 people in total or 59.4% of the resident workers (Wholesale Trade).
In comparison, the Public Administration and Safety workforce in the Gunnedah Shire employed 1.2% in Sales Workers; 12.4% in Managers and 23.6% in Clerical and Administrative Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (Wholesale Trade) of the Gunnedah Shire and Public Administration and Safety were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) employed as Sales Workers (29.4% compared to 1.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (12.6% compared to 23.6%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) employed as Managers (17.5% compared to 12.4%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (11.9% compared to 7.0%)
The number of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) in the Gunnedah Shire increased by 1 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in the Gunnedah Shire were those employed as:
- Labourers (-9 persons)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (+6 persons)
- Sales Workers (-6 persons)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (+5 persons)