There are more resident workers (Information Media and Telecommunications) Media Professionals in the Gunnedah Shire than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of the Gunnedah Shire's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||5||18.5||12.8||9||37.5||13.4||-4|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||--||0||0.6||--||0||0.5||--|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||4||14.8||12.6||--||0||14.6||--|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||--||0||1.0||--||0||1.3||--|
|Inadequately described or not stated||--||0||1.2||--||0||1.3||--|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in the Gunnedah Shire in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Sales Workers (8 people or 29.6%)
- Professionals (7 people or 25.9%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (5 people or 18.5%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 20 people in total or 74.1% of the resident workers (Information Media and Telecommunications).
In comparison, New South Wales employed 8.0% in Sales Workers; 44.1% in Professionals and 12.8% in Technicians and Trades Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (Information Media and Telecommunications) of the Gunnedah Shire and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Information Media and Telecommunications) employed as Sales Workers (29.6% compared to 8.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Information Media and Telecommunications) employed as Professionals (25.9% compared to 44.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Information Media and Telecommunications) employed as Managers (11.1% compared to 17.9%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Information Media and Telecommunications) employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (18.5% compared to 12.8%)
The number of resident workers (Information Media and Telecommunications) in the Gunnedah Shire increased by 3 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in the Gunnedah Shire were those employed as:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (-4 persons)
- Sales Workers (+3 persons)