There are more resident workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) Sales Workers in the Gunnedah Shire than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of the Gunnedah Shire's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||3||4.1||3.3||3||4.5||3.7||--|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||3||4.1||1.0||--||0||1.3||--|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||18||24.3||19.6||16||24.2||21.7||+2|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||4||5.4||2.3||--||0||2.6||--|
|Inadequately described or not stated||3||4.1||1.5||--||0||1.6||--|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in the Gunnedah Shire in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Sales Workers (25 people or 33.8%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (18 people or 24.3%)
- Professionals (7 people or 9.5%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 50 people in total or 67.6% of the resident workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services).
In comparison, New South Wales employed 42.4% in Sales Workers; 19.6% in Clerical and Administrative Workers and 12.5% in Professionals.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) of the Gunnedah Shire and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) employed as Sales Workers (33.8% compared to 42.4%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) employed as Managers (5.4% compared to 13.8%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) employed as Labourers (9.5% compared to 3.5%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (24.3% compared to 19.6%)
The number of resident workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) in the Gunnedah Shire increased by 8 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in the Gunnedah Shire were those employed as:
- Sales Workers (-13 persons)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (+2 persons)
- Managers (+1 persons)
- Professionals (+1 persons)