Local workers - Field of qualification - Retail Trade
Management and Commerce is the most common qualification for Retail Trade workers in Gunnedah Shire.
Field of Qualification presents the primary field of study for the highest qualification the person has received. While this is likely to have some relationship to the current occupation, this is not necessarily the case.
The field of study relates to a number of factors, such as:
- The age of the workforce;
- The type of qualification required to enter an industry;
- The availability of jobs related to fields of qualification in Gunnedah Shire;
- The types of occupations which are available in an area or industry.
The fields of qualification held by local workers in a particular industry are likely to show the type of skills required in that industry. Large numbers of a particular field of qualification in an industry may indicate that it is a pre-requisite for that industry. The presence of fields of qualification outside the main range of qualifications used in that industry may indicate that the industry values employees of a broad educational background, or that people haven't been able to find employment in their chosen field.
Field of Qualification information should be looked at in conjunction with Level of qualification and Occupation data for a clearer picture of the skills available for the local workers in Gunnedah Shire.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers field of qualification - Summary|
|Gunnedah Shire - Retail Trade||2016||2011||Change|
|Field of qualification (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2011 - 2016|
|Natural and Physical Sciences||--||0||1.29||3||0.58||0.98||--|
|Engineering and Related Technologies||23||5.12||5.91||30||5.80||5.85||-7|
|Architecture and Building||4||0.89||1.26||5||0.96||1.25||-1|
|Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies||11||2.44||0.81||7||1.35||0.83||+4|
|Management and Commerce||53||11.80||16.36||42||8.12||13.92||+11|
|Society and Culture||10||2.22||4.42||14||2.70||3.45||-4|
|Food, Hospitality and Personal Services||32||7.12||4.45||27||5.22||4.29||+5|
|Mixed Field Programmes||--||0||0.11||--||0||0.06||--|
|Not stated or inadequately described||16||3.56||2.19||9||1.74||3.43||+7|
Analysis of the fields of qualifications of the Retail Trade shows that the three largest fields of qualification were:
- Management and Commerce (53 people or 11.8%)
- Food, Hospitality and Personal Services (32 people or 7.1%)
- Engineering and Related Technologies (23 people or 5.1%)
In combination these three fields accounted for 108 people in total or24.0% of Retail Trade.
In comparison, New South Wales employed 16.4% in Management and Commerce; 4.5% in Food, Hospitality and Personal Services and 5.9% in Engineering and Related Technologies.
The major differences between the fields of qualifications of the Retail Trade workforce in Gunnedah Shire and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers qualified in the field of Management and Commerce (11.8% compared to 16.4%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers qualified in the field of Creative Arts (1.1% compared to 3.8%)
- A larger percentage of local workers qualified in the field of Food, Hospitality and Personal Services (7.1% compared to 4.5%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers qualified in the field of Society and Culture (2.2% compared to 4.4%)
The largest changes in fields of qualifications of the Retail Trade workforce in Gunnedah Shire between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Management and Commerce (+11.00 local workers)
- Not stated or inadequately described (+7.00 local workers)
- Food, Hospitality and Personal Services (+5.00 local workers)
- Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies (+4.00 local workers)