35.0% of All industries local workers in the Gunnedah Shire are employed part-time and 62.9% are employed full-time.
Hours Worked statistics shows the distribution of employment hours in the Gunnedah Shire across each industry sector. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in a particular industry depend on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work in the industry;
- The demands of jobs in the industry and requirement to work overtime;
- The age and family responsibilities of people working in the industry; and
- The gender profile of workers in the industry (due to family commitments, females are often more likely to work part-time).
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers hours worked, 2016|
|Gunnedah Shire - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Accommodation and Food Services%||Number||%||Accommodation and Food Services%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||563||11.6||38.7||539||11.1||32.4||+24|
|16 hours - 24 hours||422||8.7||14.2||455||9.4||15.2||-33|
|25 hours - 34 hours||549||11.3||11.8||520||10.8||11.7||+29|
|35 hours - 39 hours||825||17.0||8.4||701||14.5||9.5||+124|
|41 hours - 48 hours||427||8.8||3.4||444||9.2||3.7||-17|
|49 hours or more||1,057||21.8||11.1||1,179||24.4||15.5||-122|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the workforce in the Gunnedah Shire in 2016 compared to the Accommodation and Food Services workforce within the Gunnedah Shire shows that there was a lower proportion who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion who worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 35.0% of the workforce worked part-time (34 hours or less) , and 62.9% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 68.9% and 28.7% respectively for the Accommodation and Food Services workforce within the Gunnedah Shire.
The major differences between the hours worked by the workforce in the Gunnedah Shire and the Accommodation and Food Services workforce were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 1 hour - 15 hours (11.6% compared to 38.7%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 35 hours - 39 hours (17.0% compared to 8.4%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 40 hours (15.3% compared to 5.8%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 49 hours or more (21.8% compared to 11.1%)
The largest changes in the hours worked by the All industries workforce in the Gunnedah Shire between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+124 local workers)
- 49 hours or more (-122 local workers)
- 40 hours (+38 local workers)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (-33 local workers)