Local workers - Hours worked - Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services
25.0% of Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services local workers in the Gunnedah Shire are employed part-time and 75.0% are employed full-time.
Hours Worked statistics shows the distribution of employment hours in the Gunnedah Shire across each industry sector. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in a particular industry depend on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work in the industry;
- The demands of jobs in the industry and requirement to work overtime;
- The age and family responsibilities of people working in the industry; and
- The gender profile of workers in the industry (due to family commitments, females are often more likely to work part-time).
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers hours worked, 2016|
|Gunnedah Shire - Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Education and Training%||Number||%||Education and Training%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||0||0||14.1||5||8.8||14.2||-5|
|16 hours - 24 hours||9||14.1||12.3||3||5.3||15.6||+6|
|25 hours - 34 hours||7||10.9||15.5||3||5.3||14.7||+4|
|35 hours - 39 hours||17||26.6||14.5||20||35.1||11.5||-3|
|41 hours - 48 hours||9||14.1||8.4||6||10.5||9.3||+3|
|49 hours or more||13||20.3||17.3||11||19.3||15.2||+2|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services workforce in the Gunnedah Shire in 2016 compared to the Education and Training workforce within the Gunnedah Shire shows that there was a lower proportion who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion who worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 25.0% of the Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services workforce worked part-time (34 hours or less) , and 75.0% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 44.8% and 54.5% respectively for the Education and Training workforce within the Gunnedah Shire.
The major differences between the hours worked by the Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services workforce in the Gunnedah Shire and the Education and Training workforce were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 1 hour - 15 hours (0% compared to 14.1%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 25 hours - 34 hours (10.9% compared to 15.5%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 35 hours - 39 hours (26.6% compared to 14.5%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 41 hours - 48 hours (14.1% compared to 8.4%)
The largest changes in the hours worked by the Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services workforce in the Gunnedah Shire between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+6 local workers)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (-5 local workers)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+4 local workers)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (+3 local workers)