Local workers - Hours worked - Accommodation and Food Services
68.9% of Accommodation and Food Services local workers in the Gunnedah Shire are employed part-time and 28.7% are employed full-time.
Hours Worked statistics shows the distribution of employment hours in the Gunnedah Shire across each industry sector. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in a particular industry depend on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work in the industry;
- The demands of jobs in the industry and requirement to work overtime;
- The age and family responsibilities of people working in the industry; and
- The gender profile of workers in the industry (due to family commitments, females are often more likely to work part-time).
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers hours worked, 2016|
|Gunnedah Shire - Accommodation and Food Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||New South Wales%||Number||%||New South Wales%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||147||38.7||26.8||113||32.4||26.0||+34|
|16 hours - 24 hours||54||14.2||18.0||53||15.2||16.1||+1|
|25 hours - 34 hours||45||11.8||12.7||41||11.7||12.5||+4|
|35 hours - 39 hours||32||8.4||12.4||33||9.5||11.8||-1|
|41 hours - 48 hours||13||3.4||5.5||13||3.7||5.8||--|
|49 hours or more||42||11.1||10.5||54||15.5||12.4||-12|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the Accommodation and Food Services workforce in the Gunnedah Shire in 2016 compared to New South Wales within the Gunnedah Shire shows that there was a higher proportion who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion who worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 68.9% of the Accommodation and Food Services workforce worked part-time (34 hours or less) , and 28.7% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 60.5% and 38.1% respectively for New South Wales within the Gunnedah Shire.
The major differences between the hours worked by the Accommodation and Food Services workforce in the Gunnedah Shire and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 1 hour - 15 hours (38.7% compared to 26.8%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 16 hours - 24 hours (14.2% compared to 18.0%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 35 hours - 39 hours (8.4% compared to 12.4%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 40 hours (5.8% compared to 9.7%)
The largest changes in the hours worked by the Accommodation and Food Services workforce in the Gunnedah Shire between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+34 local workers)
- 49 hours or more (-12 local workers)
- Not stated (+5 local workers)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+4 local workers)