Local workers - Hours worked - Education and Training
44.8% of Education and Training local workers in the Gunnedah Shire are employed part-time and 54.5% are employed full-time.
Hours Worked statistics shows the distribution of employment hours in the Gunnedah Shire across each industry sector. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in a particular industry depend on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work in the industry;
- The demands of jobs in the industry and requirement to work overtime;
- The age and family responsibilities of people working in the industry; and
- The gender profile of workers in the industry (due to family commitments, females are often more likely to work part-time).
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers hours worked, 2016|
|Gunnedah Shire - Education and Training||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Arts and Recreation Services%||Number||%||Arts and Recreation Services%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||62||14.1||0||58||14.2||11.8||+4|
|16 hours - 24 hours||54||12.3||0||64||15.6||20.6||-10|
|25 hours - 34 hours||68||15.5||39.1||60||14.7||14.7||+8|
|35 hours - 39 hours||64||14.5||0||47||11.5||17.6||+17|
|41 hours - 48 hours||37||8.4||0||38||9.3||0||-1|
|49 hours or more||76||17.3||34.8||62||15.2||11.8||+14|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the Education and Training workforce in the Gunnedah Shire in 2016 compared to the Arts and Recreation Services workforce within the Gunnedah Shire shows that there was a higher proportion who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion who worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 44.8% of the Education and Training workforce worked part-time (34 hours or less) , and 54.5% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 39.1% and 60.9% respectively for the Arts and Recreation Services workforce within the Gunnedah Shire.
The major differences between the hours worked by the Education and Training workforce in the Gunnedah Shire and the Arts and Recreation Services workforce were:
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 1 hour - 15 hours (14.1% compared to 0%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 25 hours - 34 hours (15.5% compared to 39.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 35 hours - 39 hours (14.5% compared to 0%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 49 hours or more (17.3% compared to 34.8%)
The largest changes in the hours worked by the Education and Training workforce in the Gunnedah Shire between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+17 local workers)
- 49 hours or more (+14 local workers)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (-10 local workers)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+8 local workers)