In the Gunnedah Shire, the workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Gunnedah Shire - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services||Number||%||Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||770||15.8||17.3||635||13.1||9.4||+135|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||455||9.4||5.3||373||7.7||20.3||+82|
|Certificate I and II Level||93||1.9||5.3||105||2.2||0||-12|
|Certificate III & IV Level||1,214||25.0||20.0||1,113||23.0||17.2||+101|
|Certificate Level, nfd||152||3.1||5.3||107||2.2||0||+45|
|Inadequately described or not stated||216||4.4||6.7||228||4.7||10.9||-12|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the Gunnedah Shire in 2016 compared to Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 55.2% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 40.4% had no qualifications, compared with 53.3% and 40.0% respectively for Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of the Gunnedah Shire and Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services were:
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (25.0% compared to 20.0%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (9.4% compared to 5.3%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Certificate I and II Level (1.9% compared to 5.3%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Inadequately described or not stated (4.4% compared to 6.7%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in the Gunnedah Shire between 2011 and 2016 were:
- No qualification (-311 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+135 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+101 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+82 local workers)