Local workers - Qualifications - Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services
In the Gunnedah Shire, the Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to Retail Trade.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Gunnedah Shire - Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Retail Trade||Number||%||Retail Trade||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||13||17.3||3.1||6||9.4||3.5||+7|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||4||5.3||6.1||13||20.3||3.8||-9|
|Certificate I and II Level||4||5.3||2.9||0||0||3.8||+4|
|Certificate III & IV Level||15||20.0||20.7||11||17.2||16.2||+4|
|Certificate Level, nfd||4||5.3||1.8||0||0||2.3||+4|
|Inadequately described or not stated||5||6.7||3.8||7||10.9||3.1||-2|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the Gunnedah Shire in 2016 compared to Retail Trade shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 53.3% of the workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) who held educational qualifications, and 40.0% had no qualifications, compared with 34.6% and 61.6% respectively for Retail Trade.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) of the Gunnedah Shire and Retail Trade were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) with No qualification (40.0% compared to 61.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) with Bachelor or Higher degree (17.3% compared to 3.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) with Certificate Level, nfd (5.3% compared to 1.8%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) with Inadequately described or not stated (6.7% compared to 3.8%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services workforce in the Gunnedah Shire between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (-9 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+7 local workers)
- Certificate I and II Level (+4 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+4 local workers)