Local workers - Qualifications - Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services
In the Gunnedah Shire, the Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to Transport, Postal and Warehousing.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Gunnedah Shire - Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Transport, Postal and Warehousing||Number||%||Transport, Postal and Warehousing||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||13||17.3||3.2||6||9.4||1.3||+7|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||4||5.3||6.4||13||20.3||3.9||-9|
|Certificate I and II Level||4||5.3||0||0||0||1.7||+4|
|Certificate III & IV Level||15||20.0||36.5||11||17.2||27.8||+4|
|Certificate Level, nfd||4||5.3||4.6||0||0||3.5||+4|
|Inadequately described or not stated||5||6.7||5.9||7||10.9||1.3||-2|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the Gunnedah Shire in 2016 compared to Transport, Postal and Warehousing shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 53.3% of the workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) who held educational qualifications, and 40.0% had no qualifications, compared with 50.7% and 43.4% respectively for Transport, Postal and Warehousing.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) of the Gunnedah Shire and Transport, Postal and Warehousing were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) with Certificate III & IV Level (20.0% compared to 36.5%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) with Bachelor or Higher degree (17.3% compared to 3.2%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) with No qualification (40.0% compared to 43.4%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (5.3% compared to 6.4%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services workforce in the Gunnedah Shire between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (-9 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+7 local workers)
- Certificate I and II Level (+4 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+4 local workers)