Local workers - Qualifications - Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services
In Gunnedah Shire, the Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to Information Media and Telecommunications.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Gunnedah Shire - Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Information Media and Telecommunications||Number||%||Information Media and Telecommunications||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||13||17.3||19.2||6||9.4||17.9||+7|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||4||5.3||26.9||13||20.3||10.7||-9|
|Certificate I and II Level||4||5.3||0||0||0||0||+4|
|Certificate III & IV Level||15||20.0||11.5||11||17.2||28.6||+4|
|Certificate Level, nfd||4||5.3||0||0||0||10.7||+4|
|Inadequately described or not stated||5||6.7||0||7||10.9||14.3||-2|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in Gunnedah Shire in 2016 compared to Information Media and Telecommunications shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 53.3% of the workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) who held educational qualifications, and 40.0% had no qualifications, compared with 57.7% and 42.3% respectively for Information Media and Telecommunications.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) of Gunnedah Shire and Information Media and Telecommunications were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (5.3% compared to 26.9%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) with Certificate III & IV Level (20.0% compared to 11.5%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) with No qualification (40.0% compared to 42.3%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) with Bachelor or Higher degree (17.3% compared to 19.2%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services workforce in Gunnedah Shire between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (-9 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+7 local workers)
- Certificate I and II Level (+4 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+4 local workers)