In the Gunnedah Shire, the Retail Trade workforce has a higher proportion with University qualifications compared to Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Gunnedah Shire - Retail Trade||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services||Number||%||Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||14||3.1||17.3||18||3.5||9.4||-4|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||27||6.1||5.3||20||3.8||20.3||+7|
|Certificate I and II Level||13||2.9||5.3||20||3.8||0||-7|
|Certificate III & IV Level||92||20.7||20.0||84||16.2||17.2||+8|
|Certificate Level, nfd||8||1.8||5.3||12||2.3||0||-4|
|Inadequately described or not stated||17||3.8||6.7||16||3.1||10.9||+1|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the Gunnedah Shire in 2016 compared to Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services shows that there was a lower proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a higher proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 34.6% of the workers (Retail Trade) who held educational qualifications, and 61.6% had no qualifications, compared with 53.3% and 40.0% respectively for Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce (Retail Trade) of the Gunnedah Shire and Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services were:
- A larger percentage of local workers (Retail Trade) with No qualification (61.6% compared to 40.0%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Retail Trade) with Bachelor or Higher degree (3.1% compared to 17.3%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Retail Trade) with Certificate Level, nfd (1.8% compared to 5.3%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Retail Trade) with Inadequately described or not stated (3.8% compared to 6.7%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the Retail Trade workforce in the Gunnedah Shire between 2011 and 2016 were:
- No qualification (-76 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+8 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+7 local workers)
- Certificate I and II Level (-7 local workers)