Local workers - Qualifications - Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services
In the Gunnedah Shire, the Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services workforce has a higher proportion with University qualifications compared to New South Wales.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Gunnedah Shire - Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||4||7.4||25.1||0||0||21.8||+4|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||9||16.7||12.4||3||5.7||11.1||+6|
|Certificate I and II Level||--||0||0.8||0||0||1.0||--|
|Certificate III & IV Level||21||38.9||32.5||25||47.2||33.0||-4|
|Certificate Level, nfd||--||0||1.9||0||0||1.8||--|
|Inadequately described or not stated||--||0||2.0||0||0||3.1||--|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the Gunnedah Shire in 2016 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 63.0% of the workers (Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services) who held educational qualifications, and 37.0% had no qualifications, compared with 72.7% and 25.3% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce (Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services) of the Gunnedah Shire and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services) with Bachelor or Higher degree (7.4% compared to 25.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services) with No qualification (37.0% compared to 25.3%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services) with Certificate III & IV Level (38.9% compared to 32.5%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services) with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (16.7% compared to 12.4%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services workforce in the Gunnedah Shire between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+6 local workers)
- No qualification (-5 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+4 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (-4 local workers)