Local workers - Qualifications - Accommodation and Food Services
In the Gunnedah Shire, the Accommodation and Food Services workforce has a higher proportion with University qualifications compared to New South Wales.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Gunnedah Shire - Accommodation and Food Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||17||4.4||15.1||10||2.8||10.8||+7|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||14||3.6||10.0||13||3.6||9.1||+1|
|Certificate I and II Level||12||3.1||1.6||7||1.9||1.8||+5|
|Certificate III & IV Level||54||14.0||14.3||54||14.9||14.6||--|
|Certificate Level, nfd||7||1.8||1.7||3||0.8||1.5||+4|
|Inadequately described or not stated||26||6.8||2.7||11||3.0||4.5||+15|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the Gunnedah Shire in 2016 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a lower proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a higher proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 27.0% of the workers (Accommodation and Food Services) who held educational qualifications, and 66.2% had no qualifications, compared with 42.7% and 54.6% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce (Accommodation and Food Services) of the Gunnedah Shire and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of local workers (Accommodation and Food Services) with No qualification (66.2% compared to 54.6%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Accommodation and Food Services) with Bachelor or Higher degree (4.4% compared to 15.1%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Accommodation and Food Services) with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (3.6% compared to 10.0%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Accommodation and Food Services) with Inadequately described or not stated (6.8% compared to 2.7%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the Accommodation and Food Services workforce in the Gunnedah Shire between 2011 and 2016 were:
- No qualification (-9 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+7 local workers)
- Certificate I and II Level (+5 local workers)
- Certificate Level, nfd (+4 local workers)