Local workers - Qualifications - Transport, Postal and Warehousing
In the Gunnedah Shire, the Transport, Postal and Warehousing workforce has a higher proportion with University qualifications compared to New South Wales.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Gunnedah Shire - Transport, Postal and Warehousing||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||7||3.2||17.3||3||1.3||13.8||+4|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||14||6.4||10.0||9||3.9||8.5||+5|
|Certificate I and II Level||--||0||1.3||4||1.7||1.5||--|
|Certificate III & IV Level||80||36.5||20.3||64||27.8||20.7||+16|
|Certificate Level, nfd||10||4.6||2.8||8||3.5||1.9||+2|
|Inadequately described or not stated||13||5.9||3.2||3||1.3||5.3||+10|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the Gunnedah Shire in 2016 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 50.7% of the workers (Transport, Postal and Warehousing) who held educational qualifications, and 43.4% had no qualifications, compared with 51.8% and 45.0% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce (Transport, Postal and Warehousing) of the Gunnedah Shire and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of local workers (Transport, Postal and Warehousing) with Certificate III & IV Level (36.5% compared to 20.3%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Transport, Postal and Warehousing) with Bachelor or Higher degree (3.2% compared to 17.3%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Transport, Postal and Warehousing) with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (6.4% compared to 10.0%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Transport, Postal and Warehousing) with Inadequately described or not stated (5.9% compared to 3.2%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the Transport, Postal and Warehousing workforce in the Gunnedah Shire between 2011 and 2016 were:
- No qualification (-44 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+16 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+5 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+4 local workers)