Local workers - Qualifications - Information Media and Telecommunications
In the Gunnedah Shire, the Information Media and Telecommunications workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to New South Wales.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Gunnedah Shire - Information Media and Telecommunications||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||5||19.2||50.3||5||17.9||42.4||--|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||7||26.9||11.9||3||10.7||12.5||+4|
|Certificate I and II Level||--||0||0.8||0||0||1.2||--|
|Certificate III & IV Level||3||11.5||9.7||8||28.6||11.0||-5|
|Certificate Level, nfd||--||0||2.1||3||10.7||2.1||--|
|Inadequately described or not stated||--||0||2.3||4||14.3||3.3||--|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the Gunnedah Shire in 2016 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 57.7% of the workers (Information Media and Telecommunications) who held educational qualifications, and 42.3% had no qualifications, compared with 74.8% and 23.0% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce (Information Media and Telecommunications) of the Gunnedah Shire and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Information Media and Telecommunications) with Bachelor or Higher degree (19.2% compared to 50.3%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Information Media and Telecommunications) with No qualification (42.3% compared to 23.0%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Information Media and Telecommunications) with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (26.9% compared to 11.9%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Information Media and Telecommunications) with Certificate III & IV Level (11.5% compared to 9.7%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the Information Media and Telecommunications workforce in the Gunnedah Shire between 2011 and 2016 were:
- No qualification (+6 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (-5 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+4 local workers)