Local workers - Qualifications - Financial and Insurance Services
In the Gunnedah Shire, the Financial and Insurance Services workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to New South Wales.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Gunnedah Shire - Financial and Insurance Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||12||16.9||52.7||4||6.5||46.4||+8|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||7||9.9||13.0||9||14.5||13.2||-2|
|Certificate I and II Level||4||5.6||1.0||3||4.8||1.3||+1|
|Certificate III & IV Level||7||9.9||7.6||11||17.7||7.5||-4|
|Certificate Level, nfd||8||11.3||2.1||0||0||2.1||+8|
|Inadequately described or not stated||3||4.2||2.3||3||4.8||3.3||--|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the Gunnedah Shire in 2016 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 53.5% of the workers (Financial and Insurance Services) who held educational qualifications, and 42.3% had no qualifications, compared with 76.4% and 21.3% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce (Financial and Insurance Services) of the Gunnedah Shire and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Financial and Insurance Services) with Bachelor or Higher degree (16.9% compared to 52.7%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Financial and Insurance Services) with No qualification (42.3% compared to 21.3%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Financial and Insurance Services) with Certificate Level, nfd (11.3% compared to 2.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Financial and Insurance Services) with Certificate I and II Level (5.6% compared to 1.0%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the Financial and Insurance Services workforce in the Gunnedah Shire between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+8 local workers)
- Certificate Level, nfd (+8 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (-4 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (-2 local workers)