Local workers - Qualifications - Arts and Recreation Services
In the Gunnedah Shire, the Arts and Recreation Services workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to New South Wales.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Gunnedah Shire - Arts and Recreation Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||--||0||30.0||3||7.5||25.3||--|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||--||0||11.3||3||7.5||10.5||--|
|Certificate I and II Level||--||0||1.3||0||0||1.6||--|
|Certificate III & IV Level||8||44.4||15.2||13||32.5||15.6||-5|
|Certificate Level, nfd||--||0||3.0||0||0||2.3||--|
|Inadequately described or not stated||--||0||2.6||3||7.5||3.8||--|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the Gunnedah Shire in 2016 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a lower proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a higher proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 44.4% of the workers (Arts and Recreation Services) who held educational qualifications, and 55.6% had no qualifications, compared with 60.7% and 36.6% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce (Arts and Recreation Services) of the Gunnedah Shire and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of local workers (Arts and Recreation Services) with Certificate III & IV Level (44.4% compared to 15.2%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Arts and Recreation Services) with No qualification (55.6% compared to 36.6%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the Arts and Recreation Services workforce in the Gunnedah Shire between 2011 and 2016 were:
- No qualification (-8 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (-5 local workers)