In the Gunnedah Shire, the Other Services workforce has a higher proportion with University qualifications compared to New South Wales.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Gunnedah Shire - Other Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||12||4.8||16.5||11||4.9||13.4||+1|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||14||5.6||11.0||16||7.2||9.3||-2|
|Certificate I and II Level||5||2.0||1.1||4||1.8||1.2||+1|
|Certificate III & IV Level||126||50.2||41.9||113||50.7||43.4||+13|
|Certificate Level, nfd||6||2.4||2.1||3||1.3||1.7||+3|
|Inadequately described or not stated||11||4.4||2.5||3||1.3||3.8||+8|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the Gunnedah Shire in 2016 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 64.9% of the workers (Other Services) who held educational qualifications, and 30.7% had no qualifications, compared with 72.6% and 24.9% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce (Other Services) of the Gunnedah Shire and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Other Services) with Bachelor or Higher degree (4.8% compared to 16.5%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Other Services) with Certificate III & IV Level (50.2% compared to 41.9%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Other Services) with No qualification (30.7% compared to 24.9%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Other Services) with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (5.6% compared to 11.0%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the Other Services workforce in the Gunnedah Shire between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Certificate III & IV Level (+13 local workers)
- No qualification (+4 local workers)
- Certificate Level, nfd (+3 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (-2 local workers)