Local workers - Occupations - Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services
In Gunnedah Shire (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services), 38.9% of workers were Sales Workers, compared to 38.5% in Information Media and Telecommunications.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in Gunnedah Shire will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in Gunnedah Shire;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|Gunnedah Shire - Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Information Media and Telecommunications||Number||%||Information Media and Telecommunications||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||3||4.2||15.4||3||5.1||20.0||--|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||3||4.2||0||--||0||0||--|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||16||22.2||15.4||16||27.1||0||--|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||5||6.9||0||--||0||0||--|
|Inadequately described or not stated||3||4.2||0||--||0||0||--|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services workforce in Gunnedah Shire in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Sales Workers (28 local workers or 38.9%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (16 local workers or 22.2%)
- Labourers (7 local workers or 9.7%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 51 people in total or 70.8% of the Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services local workers.
In comparison, the Information Media and Telecommunications workforce in Gunnedah Shire employed 30.8% as Sales Workers; 15.4% as Clerical and Administrative Workers and 0% as Labourers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services workforce in Gunnedah Shire and Information Media and Telecommunications were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers(Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) employed as Professionals (4.2% compared to 38.5%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers(Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (4.2% compared to 15.4%)
- A larger percentage of local workers(Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) employed as Sales Workers (38.9% compared to 30.8%)
- A larger percentage of local workers(Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (22.2% compared to 15.4%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services workforce in Gunnedah Shire between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Professionals (-3 local workers)
- Sales Workers (-3 local workers)
- Managers (+1 local workers)