Local workers - Occupations - Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services
In the Gunnedah Shire (Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services), 38.9% of workers were Sales Workers, compared to 42.4% in New South Wales.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in the Gunnedah Shire will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in the Gunnedah Shire;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|Gunnedah Shire - Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||3||4.2||3.4||3||5.1||3.7||--|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||3||4.2||1.0||--||0||1.3||--|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||16||22.2||19.5||16||27.1||21.7||--|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||5||6.9||2.3||--||0||2.6||--|
|Inadequately described or not stated||3||4.2||1.5||--||0||1.7||--|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services workforce in the Gunnedah Shire in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Sales Workers (28 local workers or 38.9%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (16 local workers or 22.2%)
- Labourers (7 local workers or 9.7%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 51 people in total or 70.8% of the Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services local workers.
In comparison, New South Wales employed 42.4% as Sales Workers; 19.5% as Clerical and Administrative Workers and 3.5% as Labourers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services workforce in the Gunnedah Shire and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers(Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) employed as Professionals (4.2% compared to 12.6%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers(Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) employed as Managers (5.6% compared to 13.8%)
- A larger percentage of local workers(Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) employed as Labourers (9.7% compared to 3.5%)
- A larger percentage of local workers(Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services) employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (6.9% compared to 2.3%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services workforce in the Gunnedah Shire between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Professionals (-3 local workers)
- Sales Workers (-3 local workers)
- Managers (+1 local workers)