Local workers - Method of travel to work - Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services
Within the Gunnedah Shire, there is a similar proportion of local Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services workers using public transport to get to work than the Information Media and Telecommunications workforce.
This data reveals the main modes of transport used by local workers in a particular industry to get to work. Workforce transport data for the Gunnedah Shire is very useful in transport planning as it informs decision-makers about the effectiveness and availability of public transport.
There are a number of reasons why people use different Modes of Transport to get to work including:
- The availability of affordable and effective public transport options between place of residence and place of work (For instance, industries located near railway stations are likely to have higher public transport use than those located away from main public transport routes);
- The number of motor vehicles available from within a household; and
- The travel distance to work, which for example, can allow people to walk or bicycle to their place of employment.
Method of Travel to Work data should be viewed in conjunction with Workers place of residence and resident place of work for a clearer picture of where people come from to work in the Gunnedah Shire, and Employment locations for the Destination Zones they work in and how they arrive there.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers method of travel to work|
|Gunnedah Shire - Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Main method of travel||Number||%||Information Media and Telecommunications%||Number||%||Information Media and Telecommunications%||2011 - 2016|
|Car, as driver||55||82.1||71.4||48||77.4||78.6||+7|
|Car, as passenger||0||0||0||4||6.5||0||-4|
|Other - multiple methods||0||0||0||0||0||0||--|
|Worked at home||5||7.5||0||0||0||10.7||+5|
|Did not go to work||7||10.4||28.6||7||11.3||10.7||--|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
In 2016, there were 0 people in Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services who caught public transport to work (train, bus, tram or ferry) in the Gunnedah Shire, compared with 55 who drove in private vehicles (car – as driver, car – as passenger, motorbike, or truck).
Analysis of the method of travel to work of the Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services workforce in the Gunnedah Shire in 2016 compared to the Information Media and Telecommunications workforce within the Gunnedah Shire shows that 0% used public transport, while 82.1% used a private vehicle, compared with 0% and 71.4% respectively in the Information Media and Telecommunications workforce within the Gunnedah Shire.
The major differences between the method of travel to work of the Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services workforce in the Gunnedah Shire and the Information Media and Telecommunications workforce were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers who did not go to work (10.4% compared to 28.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who travelled by car, as driver (82.1% compared to 71.4%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked at home (7.5% compared to 0%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who travelled by total [genders] (100.0% compared to 100.0%)
The largest changes in the method of travel to work of the Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services workforce in the Gunnedah Shire between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Car, as driver (+7 local workers)
- Worked at home (+5 local workers)
- Car, as passenger (-4 local workers)
- Walked only (-3 local workers)