Hilltops Council area
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Hilltops Council area - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||NSW||Number||%||NSW||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||1,114||16.0||32.6||966||13.9||27.9||+148|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||670||9.6||11.1||581||8.4||10.5||+89|
|Certificate I and II Level||128||1.8||1.2||145||2.1||1.4||-17|
|Certificate III & IV Level||1,776||25.5||18.7||1,648||23.7||18.8||+128|
|Certificate Level, nfd||191||2.7||2.3||151||2.2||1.9||+40|
|Inadequately described or not stated||263||3.8||2.9||358||5.2||4.5||-95|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the Hilltops Council area in 2016 compared to NSW shows that there was a lower proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a higher proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 55.7% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 40.5% had no qualifications, compared with 65.9% and 31.1% respectively for NSW.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of the Hilltops Council area and NSW were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (16.0% compared to 32.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualification (40.5% compared to 31.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (25.5% compared to 18.7%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (9.6% compared to 11.1%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in the Hilltops Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- No qualification (-274 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+148 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+128 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+89 local workers)