Hilltops Council area
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
In the Hilltops Council area, the have a lower proportion with tertiary qualifications compared to NSW.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2016 – by place of work
Please note: Currently only 2016 data are available for work destination. 2011 data are not comparable due to a change in methodology in 2016 which “imputed” a work destination to those workers who didn’t state their work destination. This means comparisons with earlier years should not be made. .id are currently sourcing data collected under the same methodology in 2011 which will be added to this page at a later date. For a detailed case study of this issue please visit our blog post.
|Local workers qualifications|
|Hilltops Council area - All industries||2016|
|Qualification level||Number||%||NSW %|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||1,114||16.0||32.6||0||0.0||0.0||+1,114||25001|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||670||9.6||11.1||0||0.0||0.0||+670||25002|
|Certificate I and II Level||128||1.8||1.2||0||0.0||0.0||+128||25005|
|Certificate III & IV Level||1,776||25.5||18.7||0||0.0||0.0||+1,776||25006|
|Certificate Level, nfd||191||2.7||2.3||0||0.0||0.0||+191||25007|
|Inadequately described or not stated||263||3.8||2.9||0||0.0||0.0||+263||25009|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Compiled and presented in economy.id by .id, the population experts.
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the Hilltops Council area in 2016 compared to NSW shows that there was a lower proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a higher proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 30.2% of the held educational qualifications, and 40.5% had no qualifications, compared with 47.2% and 31.1% respectively for NSW.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the in the Hilltops Council area and NSW were:
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualifications (40.5% compared to 31.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Levels (25.5% compared to 18.7%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degrees (16.0% compared to 32.6%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diplomas (9.6% compared to 11.1%)