36.5% of All industries local workers in the City of Ipswich are employed part-time and 61.7% are employed full-time.
Hours Worked statistics shows the distribution of employment hours in the City of Ipswich across each industry sector. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in a particular industry depend on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work in the industry;
- The demands of jobs in the industry and requirement to work overtime;
- The age and family responsibilities of people working in the industry; and
- The gender profile of workers in the industry (due to family commitments, females are often more likely to work part-time).
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers hours worked, 2016|
|City of Ipswich - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||6,901||11.1||11.0||5,853||10.4||10.5||+1,048|
|16 hours - 24 hours||5,757||9.2||9.4||4,756||8.5||8.9||+1,001|
|25 hours - 34 hours||7,992||12.8||12.0||6,083||10.8||10.9||+1,909|
|35 hours - 39 hours||13,289||21.3||19.3||11,760||21.0||18.3||+1,529|
|41 hours - 48 hours||6,029||9.7||9.4||5,923||10.6||10.6||+106|
|49 hours or more||8,419||13.5||16.4||8,480||15.1||18.5||-61|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the workforce in the City of Ipswich in 2016 compared to Queensland within the City of Ipswich shows that there was a higher proportion who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion who worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 36.5% of the workforce worked part-time (34 hours or less) , and 61.7% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 35.9% and 62.3% respectively for Queensland within the City of Ipswich.
The major differences between the hours worked by the workforce in the City of Ipswich and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 25 hours - 34 hours (12.8% compared to 12.0%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 35 hours - 39 hours (21.3% compared to 19.3%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 41 hours - 48 hours (9.7% compared to 9.4%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 49 hours or more (13.5% compared to 16.4%)
The largest changes in the hours worked by the All industries workforce in the City of Ipswich between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+1,909 local workers)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+1,529 local workers)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+1,048 local workers)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+1,001 local workers)