City of Kingston
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
In the City of Kingston, the workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to Victoria.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|City of Kingston - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Victoria||Number||%||Victoria||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||19,110||25.9||33.3||15,528||21.3||28.6||+3,582|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||9,006||12.2||11.5||7,936||10.9||10.4||+1,070|
|Certificate I and II Level||709||1.0||1.0||817||1.1||1.1||-108|
|Certificate III & IV Level||14,675||19.9||18.1||14,521||19.9||17.9||+154|
|Certificate Level, nfd||1,414||1.9||1.8||1,121||1.5||1.5||+293|
|Inadequately described or not stated||1,988||2.7||2.8||3,231||4.4||4.0||-1,243|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the City of Kingston in 2016 compared to Victoria shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 60.8% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 36.5% had no qualifications, compared with 65.7% and 31.6% respectively for Victoria.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of the City of Kingston and Victoria were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (25.9% compared to 33.3%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualification (36.5% compared to 31.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (19.9% compared to 18.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (12.2% compared to 11.5%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in the City of Kingston between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+3,582 local workers)
- No qualification (-2,955 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+1,070 local workers)
- Certificate Level, nfd (+293 local workers)