City of Kwinana
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers technicians and trades workers in the City of Kwinana than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of City of Kwinana's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|City of Kwinana||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Western Australia%||Number||%||Western Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||3,104||18.5||16.2||2,652||20.9||16.7||+452||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||1,964||11.7||10.6||1,356||10.7||9.4||+608||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||2,182||13.0||13.0||1,834||14.4||14.4||+348||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||1,844||11.0||7.5||1,525||12.0||7.6||+319||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||325||1.9||1.7||191||1.5||1.5||+134||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in City of Kwinana in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (3,104 people or 18.5%)
- Professionals (2,379 people or 14.2%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (2,182 people or 13.0%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 7,665 people in total or 45.6% of the resident workers .
In comparison, Western Australia employed 16.2% in Technicians and Trades Workers; 20.5% in Professionals; and 13.0% in Clerical and Administrative Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers of the City of Kwinana and Western Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (11.0% compared to 7.5%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers employed as Labourers (12.4% compared to 9.7%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers employed as Professionals (14.2% compared to 20.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers employed as Managers (7.7% compared to 12.0%)
The number of people in the resident workers ] in City of Kwinana increased by 4,090 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in the City of Kwinana were for those employed as:
- Professionals (+1,012 people)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+608 people)
- Sales Workers (+461 people)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (+452 people)