Kyogle Council area
Local workers - Hours worked - All industries
Hours Worked statistics shows the distribution of employment hours in Kyogle Council area across each industry sector. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in a particular industry depend on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work in the industry;
- The demands of jobs in the industry and requirement to work overtime;
- The age and family responsibilities of people working in the industry; and
- The gender profile of workers in the industry (due to family commitments, females are often more likely to work part-time).
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers hours worked, 2016|
|Kyogle Council area - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||NSW%||Number||%||NSW%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||380||13.9||10.8||357||13.1||10.5||+23|
|16 hours - 24 hours||312||11.4||10.5||280||10.3||9.8||+32|
|25 hours - 34 hours||353||12.9||10.5||353||13.0||9.9||--|
|35 hours - 39 hours||381||14.0||19.1||378||13.9||18.3||+3|
|41 hours - 48 hours||206||7.5||9.1||230||8.5||10.1||-24|
|49 hours or more||523||19.2||14.9||592||21.8||16.6||-69|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the workforce in Kyogle Council area in 2016 compared to NSW within Kyogle Council area shows that there was a higher proportion who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion who worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 41.2% of the workforce worked part-time (34 hours or less) , and 56.3% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 34.9% and 63.1% respectively for NSW within Kyogle Council area.
The major differences between the hours worked by the workforce in Kyogle Council area and NSW were:
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 1 hour - 15 hours (13.9% compared to 10.8%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 35 hours - 39 hours (14.0% compared to 19.1%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 40 hours (15.7% compared to 20.0%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 49 hours or more (19.2% compared to 14.9%)
The largest changes in the hours worked by the All industries workforce in Kyogle Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-69 local workers)
- 40 hours (+49 local workers)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+32 local workers)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-24 local workers)