Kyogle Council area
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Kyogle Council area - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||NSW||Number||%||NSW||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||503||18.4||32.6||426||15.7||27.9||+77|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||246||9.0||11.1||211||7.8||10.5||+35|
|Certificate I and II Level||39||1.4||1.2||29||1.1||1.4||+10|
|Certificate III & IV Level||624||22.9||18.7||602||22.1||18.8||+22|
|Certificate Level, nfd||91||3.3||2.3||68||2.5||1.9||+23|
|Inadequately described or not stated||107||3.9||2.9||149||5.5||4.5||-42|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in Kyogle Council area in 2016 compared to NSW shows that there was a lower proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a higher proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 55.1% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 41.0% had no qualifications, compared with 65.9% and 31.1% respectively for NSW.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of Kyogle Council area and NSW were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (18.4% compared to 32.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualification (41.0% compared to 31.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (22.9% compared to 18.7%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (9.0% compared to 11.1%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in Kyogle Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- No qualification (-117 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+77 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+35 local workers)
- Certificate Level, nfd (+23 local workers)