City of Launceston
Local workers - Occupations - Wholesale Trade
In the City of Launceston (Wholesale Trade), 25.0% of workers were Sales Workers, compared to 24.0% in Tasmania.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in the City of Launceston will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in the City of Launceston;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|City of Launceston - Wholesale Trade||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Tasmania||Number||%||Tasmania||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||94||10.0||10.6||101||7.0||10.8||-7|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||4||0.4||0.4||4||0.3||0.6||--|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||151||16.1||14.1||281||19.4||14.1||-130|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||155||16.5||16.9||339||23.4||16.4||-184|
|Inadequately described or not stated||10||1.1||1.2||15||1.0||1.0||-5|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the Wholesale Trade workforce in the City of Launceston in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Sales Workers (234 local workers or 25.0%)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (155 local workers or 16.5%)
- Managers (154 local workers or 16.4%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 543 people in total or 57.9% of the Wholesale Trade local workers.
In comparison, Tasmania employed 24.0% as Sales Workers; 16.9% as Machinery Operators And Drivers and 17.4% as Managers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the Wholesale Trade workforce in the City of Launceston and Tasmania were:
- A larger percentage of local workers(Wholesale Trade) employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (16.1% compared to 14.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers(Wholesale Trade) employed as Sales Workers (25.0% compared to 24.0%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers(Wholesale Trade) employed as Managers (16.4% compared to 17.4%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers(Wholesale Trade) employed as Professionals (6.3% compared to 7.2%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the Wholesale Trade workforce in the City of Launceston between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (-184 local workers)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (-130 local workers)
- Managers (-88 local workers)
- Sales Workers (-75 local workers)