Local sales by industry measures the output of local industries that is sold locally. This includes sales to local consumers, businesses and other organisations.
To get the full picture how each industry sector contributes to the regional or state economy, local sales data should be viewed alongside the other industry characteristics in the Industry sector analysis section.
Detailed notes about how the figures are derived can be found in the specific topic notes section.
National Economics (NIEIR) - Modelled series
- Excel full
- Word full
|Local sales by industry sector|
|Lismore City - Constant prices||2019/20||2014/15||Change|
|Industry||$m||%||New South Wales||$m||%||New South Wales||2014/15 - 2019/20|
|Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing||146.7||4.9||1.1||161.2||6.0||1.8||-14.5|
|Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services||115.0||3.8||2.7||82.2||3.1||2.8||+32.8|
|Accommodation and Food Services||102.0||3.4||2.7||107.3||4.0||3.0||-5.3|
|Transport, Postal and Warehousing||104.4||3.5||4.4||78.4||2.9||4.4||+26.0|
|Information Media and Telecommunications||72.9||2.4||3.3||60.9||2.3||2.6||+12.0|
|Financial and Insurance Services||162.6||5.4||6.5||151.3||5.7||7.0||+11.4|
|Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services||362.5||12.1||16.2||288.3||10.8||16.8||+74.1|
|Professional, Scientific and Technical Services||196.8||6.5||8.6||159.2||6.0||7.8||+37.5|
|Administrative and Support Services||119.0||4.0||3.9||111.1||4.2||4.4||+7.9|
|Public Administration and Safety||206.5||6.9||3.9||173.0||6.5||3.8||+33.5|
|Education and Training||162.6||5.4||3.6||147.2||5.5||3.6||+15.4|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||320.8||10.7||5.9||228.0||8.5||5.1||+92.8|
|Arts and Recreation Services||23.5||0.8||1.1||20.4||0.8||1.0||+3.1|
Source: National Institute of Economic and Industry Research (NIEIR) ©2021. Compiled and presented in economy.id by .id (informed decisions) NIEIR-ID data are adjusted each year, using updated employment estimates. .id (informed decisions). Data are based on a 2016-17 price base for all years. NIEIR-ID data are inflation adjusted each year to allow direct comparison, and annual data releases adjust previous years’ figures to a new base year.Learn more
An analysis of the local sales by industry sectors in Lismore City in 2018/19 shows the three largest industries were:
- Construction ($379million or 12.6%)
- Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services ($362million or 12.1%)
- Health Care and Social Assistance ($321million or 10.7%)
In combination these three industries accounted for $1,062 million in total or 35.3% of the total local sales by total industry in the Lismore City.
In comparison, the same 3 industries in New South Wales accounted for 19.9% in Construction; 16.2% in Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services and 5.9% in Health Care and Social Assistance.
The major differences between local sales by industries of Lismore City and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of local sales by Construction (12.6% compared to 19.9%)
- A larger percentage of local sales by Health Care and Social Assistance (10.7% compared to 5.9%)
- A smaller percentage of local sales by Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services (12.1% compared to 16.2%)
- A larger percentage of local sales by Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing (4.9% compared to 1.1%)
The total local sales by industry in Lismore City $increased by 330 million between 2014/15 and 2019/20.
The largest changes in the local sales by industries between 2014/15 and 2019/20 in Lismore City were for:
- Health Care and Social Assistance (+$93 million)
- Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services (+$74 million)
- Professional, Scientific and Technical Services (+$38 million)
- Public Administration and Safety (+$34 million)