42.7% of All industries local workers in the Lismore City are employed part-time and 55.3% are employed full-time.
Hours Worked statistics shows the distribution of employment hours in the Lismore City across each industry sector. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in a particular industry depend on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work in the industry;
- The demands of jobs in the industry and requirement to work overtime;
- The age and family responsibilities of people working in the industry; and
- The gender profile of workers in the industry (due to family commitments, females are often more likely to work part-time).
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers hours worked, 2016|
|Lismore City - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||New South Wales%||Number||%||New South Wales%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||2,546||12.7||10.8||2,554||12.6||10.5||-8|
|16 hours - 24 hours||2,321||11.6||10.5||2,150||10.6||9.8||+171|
|25 hours - 34 hours||3,048||15.2||10.5||2,822||13.9||9.9||+226|
|35 hours - 39 hours||4,322||21.5||19.1||4,226||20.8||18.3||+96|
|41 hours - 48 hours||1,413||7.0||9.1||1,657||8.1||10.1||-244|
|49 hours or more||2,308||11.5||14.9||2,575||12.7||16.6||-267|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the workforce in the Lismore City in 2016 compared to New South Wales within the Lismore City shows that there was a higher proportion who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion who worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 42.7% of the workforce worked part-time (34 hours or less) , and 55.3% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 34.9% and 63.1% respectively for New South Wales within the Lismore City.
The major differences between the hours worked by the workforce in the Lismore City and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 25 hours - 34 hours (15.2% compared to 10.5%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 35 hours - 39 hours (21.5% compared to 19.1%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 40 hours (15.2% compared to 20.0%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 49 hours or more (11.5% compared to 14.9%)
The largest changes in the hours worked by the All industries workforce in the Lismore City between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-267 local workers)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-244 local workers)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+226 local workers)
- None (-178 local workers)