In the Lismore City (Wholesale Trade), 29.9% of workers were Sales Workers, compared to 23.0% in New South Wales.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in the Lismore City will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in the Lismore City;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|Lismore City - Wholesale Trade||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||28||7.7||7.1||44||7.9||7.2||-16|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||--||0||0.3||3||0.5||0.3||--|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||58||15.9||17.8||92||16.5||19.2||-34|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||77||21.2||12.2||101||18.2||12.6||-24|
|Inadequately described or not stated||--||0||1.0||6||1.1||1.1||--|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the Wholesale Trade workforce in the Lismore City in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Sales Workers (109 local workers or 29.9%)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (77 local workers or 21.2%)
- Managers (59 local workers or 16.2%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 245 people in total or 67.3% of the Wholesale Trade local workers.
In comparison, New South Wales employed 16.0% as Sales Workers; 12.2% as Machinery Operators And Drivers and 23.0% as Managers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the Wholesale Trade workforce in the Lismore City and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of local workers(Wholesale Trade) employed as Sales Workers (29.9% compared to 16.0%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers(Wholesale Trade) employed as Professionals (6.0% compared to 17.9%)
- A larger percentage of local workers(Wholesale Trade) employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (21.2% compared to 12.2%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers(Wholesale Trade) employed as Managers (16.2% compared to 23.0%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the Wholesale Trade workforce in the Lismore City between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Managers (-41 local workers)
- Labourers (-41 local workers)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (-34 local workers)
- Sales Workers (-31 local workers)