Livingstone Shire Council area
Resident workers - Hours worked
44.1% of the resident workers in the Livingstone Shire Council area work 40 or more hours, compared to 43.2% in Queensland.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for the Livingstone Shire Council area's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in the Livingstone Shire Council area depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Livingstone Shire Council area||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||1,756||11.4||11.0||1,496||10.2||10.4||+260||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||1,358||8.8||9.4||1,237||8.4||8.8||+121||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||1,820||11.8||12.0||1,610||10.9||10.8||+210||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||2,716||17.6||19.2||2,384||16.2||18.1||+332||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||1,424||9.2||9.4||1,556||10.6||10.5||-132||22007|
|49 hours or more||3,108||20.2||16.6||3,274||22.2||18.4||-166||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by the Livingstone Shire Council area's resident workers in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 36.3% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 61.7% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 35.8% and 62.4% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of the Livingstone Shire Council area and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (20.2% compared to 16.6%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked None (4.3% compared to 3.4%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (14.7% compared to 17.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (17.6% compared to 19.2%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in the Livingstone Shire Council area increased by 130 people (1.4%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in the Livingstone Shire Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+332 people)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+260 people)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+210 people)
- 49 hours or more (-166 people)