Livingstone Shire Council area
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
In Livingstone Shire Council area, the workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to Queensland.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Livingstone Shire Council area - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Queensland||Number||%||Queensland||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||1,436||16.2||25.1||1,128||13.8||21.5||+308|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||746||8.4||10.9||624||7.6||9.3||+122|
|Certificate I and II Level||161||1.8||1.3||138||1.7||1.5||+23|
|Certificate III & IV Level||2,205||24.9||23.0||1,802||22.1||21.6||+403|
|Certificate Level, nfd||202||2.3||2.0||119||1.5||1.7||+83|
|Inadequately described or not stated||247||2.8||2.7||319||3.9||3.8||-72|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in Livingstone Shire Council area in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 53.5% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 43.7% had no qualifications, compared with 62.3% and 35.0% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of Livingstone Shire Council area and Queensland were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (16.2% compared to 25.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualification (43.7% compared to 35.0%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (8.4% compared to 10.9%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (24.9% compared to 23.0%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in Livingstone Shire Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Certificate III & IV Level (+403 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+308 local workers)
- No qualification (-163 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+122 local workers)