There are more resident workers (All industries) qualified in Management and Commerce in Logan City than in any other field.
Field of qualification presents the primary field of study for the highest qualification the person has received. While this is likely to have some relationship to their current occupation, this is not necessarily the case.
The presence of specific qualifications among Logan City's resident workforce, which are not used by local industry, may indicate an opportunity for a new industry to move into the area and access a ready labour force.
The field of study relates to a number of factors, such as:
- The age of the population;
- The types of industries and occupations located in Logan City or within commuting distance, and their qualification requirements;
- The availability of educational institutions with those curricula nearby;
- The socio-economic status of Logan City, and;
- The mobility of the population to move where particular skills are required.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers field of qualification|
|Logan City - Persons||2016||2011||Change|
|Field of qualification (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Queensland||Number||%||Queensland||2011 - 2016|
|Natural and Physical Sciences||1,390||1.1||1.7||1,184||0.9||1.5||+206|
|Engineering and Related Technologies||15,257||11.6||11.6||14,951||11.7||11.6||+306|
|Architecture and Building||6,841||5.2||4.8||6,021||4.7||4.6||+820|
|Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies||1,323||1.0||1.5||1,172||0.9||1.4||+151|
|Management and Commerce||16,799||12.7||13.5||13,259||10.4||11.7||+3,540|
|Society and Culture||10,081||7.6||7.9||7,549||5.9||6.6||+2,532|
|Food, Hospitality and Personal Services||4,927||3.7||4.0||4,118||3.2||3.7||+809|
|Mixed Field Programmes||149||0.1||0.1||79||0.1||0.1||+70|
|Not stated or inadequately described||3,829||2.9||2.6||4,914||3.9||3.3||-1,085|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the field of qualifications in Logan City shows that the three largest fields the resident workers (All industries) were qualified in were:
- Management and Commerce (16,799 people or 12.7%)
- Engineering and Related Technologies (15,257 people or 11.6%)
- Society and Culture (10,081 people or 7.6%)
In combination these three fields accounted for 42,137 people in total or 31.9% of the resident workers (All industries).
In comparison, Queensland employed 13.5% in Management and Commerce; 11.6% in Engineering and Related Technologies and 7.9% in Society and Culture.
The major differences between the field of qualifications held by the resident workers () of Logan City and Queensland were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) qualified in Health (5.2% compared to 7.7%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) qualified in Education (4.8% compared to 5.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) qualified in Management and Commerce (12.7% compared to 13.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) qualified in Natural and Physical Sciences (1.1% compared to 1.7%)
The number of resident workers (All industries) in Logan City increased by 4,653 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the field of qualifications held by the resident workers (All industries) between 2011 and 2016 in Logan City was for those qualified in:
- Management and Commerce (+3,540 resident workers)
- Society and Culture (+2,532 resident workers)
- Health (+1,433 resident workers)
- Education (+1,265 resident workers)