Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2016 & 2021 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Logan City - All industries||2021||2016||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Queensland||Number||%||Queensland||2016 - 2021|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||25,222||24.5||29.3||18,801||21.1||25.1||+6,421|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||11,975||11.6||11.3||9,663||10.8||10.9||+2,312|
|Certificate I and II Level||1,712||1.7||1.5||1,289||1.4||1.3||+423|
|Certificate III & IV Level||25,248||24.5||23.2||20,995||23.6||23.0||+4,253|
|Certificate Level, nfd||1,972||1.9||1.8||1,994||2.2||2.0||-22|
|Inadequately described or not stated||2,300||2.2||2.2||2,440||2.7||2.7||-140|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the Logan City in 2021 compared to Queensland shows that there was a lower proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a higher proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 64.3% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 33.5% had no qualifications, compared with 67.1% and 30.7% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of the Logan City and Queensland were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (24.5% compared to 29.3%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualification (33.5% compared to 30.7%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (24.5% compared to 23.2%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (11.6% compared to 11.3%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in the Logan City between 2016 and 2021 were:
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+6,421 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+4,253 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+2,312 local workers)
- No qualification (+577 local workers)