41.0% of the resident workers (All industries) in the City of Mandurah work 40 or more hours, compared to 44.6% in Victoria.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for City of Mandurah's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in City of Mandurah depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|City of Mandurah - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Western Australia%||Number||%||Western Australia%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||4,061||13.1||11.9||3,452||12.4||10.8||+609|
|16 hours - 24 hours||3,223||10.4||9.9||2,727||9.8||9.2||+496|
|25 hours - 34 hours||3,650||11.8||10.7||2,983||10.8||9.5||+667|
|35 hours - 39 hours||5,275||17.0||17.2||4,454||16.1||15.8||+821|
|41 hours - 48 hours||2,607||8.4||9.5||2,664||9.6||10.9||-57|
|49 hours or more||5,686||18.3||17.3||5,306||19.1||19.6||+380|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the City of Mandurah's resident workers in 2016 compared to Western Australia shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 40.1% of the resident workers in All industries worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 57.9% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 36.5% and 61.8% respectively for Western Australia.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) of the City of Mandurah and Western Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (13.1% compared to 11.9%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (11.8% compared to 10.7%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (14.2% compared to 17.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (8.4% compared to 9.5%)
The number of the resident workers (All industries) working full-time (35 hours or more) in the City of Mandurah increased by 1550 people (9.4%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) in the City of Mandurah between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+821 persons)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+667 persons)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+609 persons)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+496 persons)