In 2019, the Household services sector accounted for 47.6% of employment in City of Mandurah. The importance of this sector has increased over the last 10 years (39.9% in 2009)
Understanding the economic role of City of Mandurah provides a framework for understanding what policy responses and investment may be appropriate to support the growth of businesses and maintenance of a vibrant economy in the future.
The charts and table below give a broad overview of the role and function of your economy. It helps answer questions such as:
- How much of the City of Mandurah's economy is driven by meeting the local population needs?
- What proportion of jobs in the area are in goods production or selling of products?
- In which broad sectors are the key strengths of the local economy?
- What contribution do business services make in your area and is it growing?
- Is there a presence of local, state and federal government workers in in the area?
Once you have developed a broad picture of your economy, you can then drill down further with all the detail here.
|City of Mandurah||2019||2014||2009|
|Agriculture, forestry and fishing||105||0.4||147||0.6||92||0.5|
|Public administration and safety||1,279||5.0||1,137||5.0||893||4.6|
Source: National Institute of Economic and Industry Research (NIEIR) ©2019. Compiled and presented in economy.id by .id the population experts. Data are based on a 2016-17 price base for all years. NIEIR-ID data are inflation adjusted each year to allow direct comparison, and annual data releases adjust previous years’ figures to a new base year.Learn more.Please refer to specific data notes for more information