City of Mandurah
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers (Wholesale Trade) sales workers in the City of Mandurah than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of City of Mandurah's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|City of Mandurah||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services%||Number||%||Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||69||13.5||2.9||67||11.1||4.2||+2||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||--||--||1.7||3||0.5||1.0||--||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||74||14.5||22.7||103||17.0||21.8||-29||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||74||14.5||2.9||83||13.7||4.5||-9||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||7||1.4||1.2||7||1.2||0.5||0||33000||P|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers (Wholesale Trade) in City of Mandurah in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Sales Workers (98 people or 19.2%)
- Managers (91 people or 17.8%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (74 people or 14.5%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 263 people in total or 51.5% of the resident workers (Wholesale Trade).
In comparison, Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services employed 48.1% in Sales Workers; 12.8% in Managers; and 22.7% in Clerical and Administrative Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (Wholesale Trade) of the City of Mandurah and Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (14.5% compared to 2.9%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (13.5% compared to 2.9%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) employed as Sales Workers (19.2% compared to 48.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (14.5% compared to 22.7%)
The number of people in the resident workers (Wholesale Trade)] in City of Mandurah decreased by 95 between 2011 and 2016.
There were no major changes in the occupations of the resident workers (Wholesale Trade) between 2011 and 2016 in the City of Mandurah.