City of Mandurah
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers (Wholesale Trade) sales workers in the City of Mandurah than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of City of Mandurah's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|City of Mandurah||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Other Services%||Number||%||Other Services%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||69||13.5||50.4||67||11.1||53.5||+2||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||--||--||16.2||3||0.5||13.0||--||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||74||14.5||10.1||103||17.0||10.5||-29||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||74||14.5||1.3||83||13.7||2.1||-9||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||7||1.4||0.9||7||1.2||0.4||0||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers (Wholesale Trade) in City of Mandurah in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Sales Workers (98 people or 19.2%)
- Managers (91 people or 17.8%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (74 people or 14.5%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 263 people in total or 51.5% of the resident workers (Wholesale Trade).
In comparison, Other Services employed 1.2% in Sales Workers; 5.9% in Managers; and 10.1% in Clerical and Administrative Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (Wholesale Trade) of the City of Mandurah and Other Services were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) employed as Sales Workers (19.2% compared to 1.2%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (14.5% compared to 1.3%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (13.5% compared to 50.4%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (0.0% compared to 16.2%)
The number of people in the resident workers (Wholesale Trade)] in City of Mandurah decreased by 95 between 2011 and 2016.
There were no major changes in the occupations of the resident workers (Wholesale Trade) between 2011 and 2016 in the City of Mandurah.