There are more resident workers (All industries) Technicians and Trades Workers in the City of Mandurah than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of the City of Mandurah's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|City of Mandurah||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Regional WA||Number||%||Regional WA||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||6,109||19.7||18.4||5,628||20.3||18.9||+481|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||3,747||12.1||9.8||3,007||10.8||8.5||+740|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||3,578||11.5||10.6||3,421||12.3||11.4||+157|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||3,166||10.2||11.0||2,770||10.0||11.3||+396|
|Inadequately described or not stated||515||1.7||1.7||422||1.5||1.6||+93|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in the City of Mandurah in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (6,109 people or 19.7%)
- Professionals (4,361 people or 14.1%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (3,747 people or 12.1%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 14,217 people in total or 45.8% of the resident workers (All industries).
In comparison, Regional WA employed 18.4% in Technicians and Trades Workers; 13.8% in Professionals and 9.8% in Community and Personal Service Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (All industries) of the City of Mandurah and Regional WA were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Managers (9.1% compared to 14.4%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Sales Workers (10.4% compared to 7.7%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (12.1% compared to 9.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Labourers (11.3% compared to 12.6%)
The number of resident workers (All industries) in the City of Mandurah increased by 3,294 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in the City of Mandurah were those employed as:
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+740 persons)
- Professionals (+672 persons)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (+481 persons)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (+396 persons)