City of Mandurah
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers (Mining) machinery operators and drivers in the City of Mandurah than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of City of Mandurah's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|City of Mandurah||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Retail Trade%||Number||%||Retail Trade%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||922||32.1||5.0||554||28.1||5.9||+368||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||28||1.0||0.6||26||1.3||0.7||+2||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||136||4.7||5.7||156||7.9||7.1||-20||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||1,119||39.0||3.9||731||37.0||3.6||+388||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||39||1.4||0.4||31||1.6||0.6||+8||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers (Mining) in City of Mandurah in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (1,119 people or 39.0%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (922 people or 32.1%)
- Professionals (259 people or 9.0%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 2,300 people in total or 80.2% of the resident workers (Mining).
In comparison, Retail Trade employed 3.9% in Machinery Operators And Drivers; 5.0% in Technicians and Trades Workers; and 2.0% in Professionals.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (Mining) of the City of Mandurah and Retail Trade were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Mining) employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (39.0% compared to 3.9%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Mining) employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (32.1% compared to 5.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Mining) employed as Sales Workers (0.1% compared to 57.7%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Mining) employed as Managers (5.5% compared to 14.1%)
The number of people in the resident workers (Mining)] in City of Mandurah increased by 893 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the occupations of the resident workers (Mining) between 2011 and 2016 in the City of Mandurah were for those employed as:
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (+388 people)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (+368 people)
- Professionals (+58 people)
- Labourers (+57 people)