City of Mandurah
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers (Manufacturing) technicians and trades workers in the City of Mandurah than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of City of Mandurah's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|City of Mandurah||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Western Australia%||Number||%||Western Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||780||36.2||30.9||1,053||34.5||31.9||-273||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||30||1.4||1.4||31||1.0||1.0||-1||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||189||8.8||10.5||277||9.1||11.2||-88||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||399||18.5||13.2||645||21.1||14.7||-246||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||31||1.4||1.3||40||1.3||1.4||-9||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers (Manufacturing) in City of Mandurah in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (780 people or 36.2%)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (399 people or 18.5%)
- Managers (245 people or 11.4%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 1,424 people in total or 66.1% of the resident workers (Manufacturing).
In comparison, Western Australia employed 30.9% in Technicians and Trades Workers; 13.2% in Machinery Operators And Drivers; and 14.5% in Managers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (Manufacturing) of the City of Mandurah and Western Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Manufacturing) employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (18.5% compared to 13.2%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Manufacturing) employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (36.2% compared to 30.9%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Manufacturing) employed as Labourers (9.1% compared to 13.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Manufacturing) employed as Managers (11.4% compared to 14.5%)
The number of people in the resident workers (Manufacturing)] in City of Mandurah decreased by 900 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the occupations of the resident workers (Manufacturing) between 2011 and 2016 in the City of Mandurah were for those employed as:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (-273 people)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (-246 people)
- Labourers (-107 people)
- Managers (-89 people)