There are more resident workers (Transport, Postal and Warehousing) Machinery Operators And Drivers in the City of Mandurah than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of the City of Mandurah's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|City of Mandurah||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Western Australia||Number||%||Western Australia||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||70||6.2||5.9||56||5.8||5.6||+14|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||35||3.1||3.3||19||2.0||2.7||+16|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||230||20.5||20.4||205||21.4||22.6||+25|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||558||49.7||43.5||448||46.7||41.7||+110|
|Inadequately described or not stated||9||0.8||1.1||12||1.3||1.1||-3|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in the City of Mandurah in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (558 people or 49.7%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (230 people or 20.5%)
- Managers (84 people or 7.5%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 872 people in total or 77.7% of the resident workers (Transport, Postal and Warehousing).
In comparison, Western Australia employed 43.5% in Machinery Operators And Drivers; 20.4% in Clerical and Administrative Workers and 9.9% in Managers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (Transport, Postal and Warehousing) of the City of Mandurah and Western Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Transport, Postal and Warehousing) employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (49.7% compared to 43.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Transport, Postal and Warehousing) employed as Professionals (3.2% compared to 7.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Transport, Postal and Warehousing) employed as Managers (7.5% compared to 9.9%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Transport, Postal and Warehousing) employed as Inadequately described or not stated (0.8% compared to 1.1%)
The number of resident workers (Transport, Postal and Warehousing) in the City of Mandurah increased by 163 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in the City of Mandurah were those employed as:
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (+110 persons)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (+25 persons)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+16 persons)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (+14 persons)