There are more resident workers (Financial and Insurance Services) Clerical and Administrative Workers in the City of Mandurah than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of the City of Mandurah's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|City of Mandurah||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Western Australia||Number||%||Western Australia||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||25||5.3||1.9||8||1.9||1.6||+17|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||--||0||0.4||3||0.7||0.5||--|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||228||48.1||43.4||229||53.0||46.6||-1|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||12||2.5||0.9||--||0||0.5||--|
|Inadequately described or not stated||13||2.7||1.6||13||3.0||1.5||--|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in the City of Mandurah in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (228 people or 48.1%)
- Professionals (123 people or 25.9%)
- Managers (54 people or 11.4%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 405 people in total or 85.4% of the resident workers (Financial and Insurance Services).
In comparison, Western Australia employed 43.4% in Clerical and Administrative Workers; 32.9% in Professionals and 14.0% in Managers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (Financial and Insurance Services) of the City of Mandurah and Western Australia were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Financial and Insurance Services) employed as Professionals (25.9% compared to 32.9%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Financial and Insurance Services) employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (48.1% compared to 43.4%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Financial and Insurance Services) employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (5.3% compared to 1.9%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Financial and Insurance Services) employed as Managers (11.4% compared to 14.0%)
The number of resident workers (Financial and Insurance Services) in the City of Mandurah increased by 42 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in the City of Mandurah were those employed as:
- Professionals (+25 persons)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (+17 persons)
- Managers (-7 persons)
- Sales Workers (-5 persons)