City of Mandurah
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more male resident workers (Wholesale Trade) managers in the City of Mandurah than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of City of Mandurah's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|City of Mandurah - Males||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing%||Number||%||Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||64||18.7||7.6||63||15.0||12.9||+1||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||--||--||--||--||--||--||--||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||16||4.7||--||28||6.7||2.2||-12||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||68||19.8||10.1||79||18.8||2.9||-11||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||6||1.7||3.8||4||1.0||2.9||+2||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the male resident workers (Wholesale Trade) in City of Mandurah in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Managers (71 people or 20.7%)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (68 people or 19.8%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (64 people or 18.7%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 203 people in total or 59.2% of the male resident workers (Wholesale Trade).
In comparison, Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing employed 25.9% in Managers; 10.1% in Machinery Operators And Drivers; and 7.6% in Technicians and Trades Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the male resident workers (Wholesale Trade) of the City of Mandurah and Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing were:
- A larger percentage of male resident workers (Wholesale Trade) employed as Sales Workers (14.9% compared to 3.8%)
- A larger percentage of male resident workers (Wholesale Trade) employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (18.7% compared to 7.6%)
- A larger percentage of male resident workers (Wholesale Trade) employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (19.8% compared to 10.1%)
- A smaller percentage of male resident workers (Wholesale Trade) employed as Labourers (10.2% compared to 36.7%)
The number of people in the male resident workers (Wholesale Trade)] in City of Mandurah decreased by 77 between 2011 and 2016.
There were no major changes in the occupations of the male resident workers (Wholesale Trade) between 2011 and 2016 in the City of Mandurah.